Many of you may have a question in your mind, what is a pole saw, and what is a pole saw used for? You are in the right place because here, we will solve these types of confusions and queries. A pole saw is a great tool for the person who is a gardener. If you want to cut or trim trees then this can be a great machine for you. But, to use this machine perfectly, you need to know some basic guides and for this purpose, we are here.
What is a Pole Saw Used for? Get to Know about a Pole Saw!
Pole saw is a useful element for a gardener. This helps to finish the task fast and also saves time. If you are good enough to operate a pole saw then you can have the work done perfectly.
To know why and what for the pole is used, we have to know the machine and have some knowledge about the tool. Let’s know the pole saw!
What is a Pole Saw?
In simple words, a pole saw is a machine in which a saw is mounted at the end of a pole. The tool also has other names too and they are- pole chainsaw and pole pruner. It is a very useful way to use a chainsaw for cutting several trees at the same time. Though it seems very odd to mount a chainsaw in the pole’s end it is a good idea.
Types of Pole Saws
There are three types of pole saws available in the market currently. Here, they are-
Battery Operated Pole Saws
These pole saws are powered by the battery. You can use the saws easily because you can move them anywhere you want. They are perfect for both indoors and outdoors.
That saws have some problems too. They are not as powerful as other category pole saws. They need 40-45 minutes for charging fully but they don’t last for a long time.
Electric Pole Saws
The electric pole saws are sort of the best option for the gardeners. The saws need electronics to run. If you want to run the machine, you just need to connect the tool to a standard electricity supplier. You can use this tool both indoors and outdoors.
This pole saw is more powerful than a battery-operated pole saw. You can work with this machine for a long time and the performance will amaze you which is more noticeable than a batteried/cordless pole saw.
Gas-powered saws, from the name, you may understand that this machine is run by the gas. The fuel to run this tool is gas. This saw is the most powerful pole saw among all the pole saws of all categories. This machine is suitable for outdoors only because you can move this tool easily.
This machine is more expensive and the maintenance of the tool is a higher cost than others. But, it will give you outstanding results and performance every time which is satisfying.
How Far can a Pole Saw Reach?
Generally, the pole saws have a length of 8-15 feet which depends on the brands, you will buy. The reach of the pole saw also depends on the height of the users. As an example, if you are about 7 feet tall and you can also extend your hands about 2 feet and your pole saw’s length is 8 feet. Then, the reach of your pole saw will be (7+2+8)=17 feet.
If you buy pole saws of more length then your saws’ reach will be more. But, while choosing a machine you should pick that one that you can operate easily.
How to Restring a Pole Saw?
Here, we will share the whole process step by step. Here, they are-
- Take your all safety gears like goggles, gloves, etc. and put them up
- Then pick a rope which is strong enough to work properly
- Now, you will need to tie the rope in the anchor eye of the pole where the moveable blade. The design may vary from brand to brand and you may use hitch or bowline for security purpose
- If your pole saw doesn’t have any anchor eye then you may screw an eye-bolt in the pole which will work as an anchor eye
- With the help of a short string, it is easy to operate a manual pole
- One more thing to keep in mind, if you are using a cotton or plastic rope then you should tie a knot at the end of the rope
How to Use a Pole Saw?
Here, we will talk about how you can use a pole saw. This will help you to increase the basic knowledge of using a pole saw. The steps of using a pole saw are here-
- Putting on the safety gears is a must
- Select a place which is clear and not messy
- Then plan how to cut the sections of branches of trees before the final cut to reduce the weight at the end
- Position the saw and yourself perfectly and use your both hands to cut steadily
- When you start cutting, increase the pressure slowly, don’t use the ultimate pressure in the beginning
- When you finish cutting one section then clean the place and start cutting another one
We hope till now, you get to know what is a pole saw used for? Pole saw is an amazing tool to cut trees and useful for gardening. Pick up the right one according to your needs. Make sure that before using it, you put on the safety gear properly that will protect you from any kind of injuries.